Non-Executive Director of the Board of Management
The South West Catchments Council (SWCC) is an environmentally-focused social enterprise and an incorporated association representing community landcare groups. It is recognised by federal government as the peak natural resource management (NRM) organisation of the South West NRM region, delivering outcomes across a diverse landscape from Bunbury to Walpole and extending inland to Katanning, Dumbleyung and Narrogin.
SWCC is equally engaged in sustainability of the natural environment and a growing agricultural industry. The organisation works collaboratively at a state and national level with a multitude of partners, including government, private enterprise, industry bodies, research institutes, other NGOs and community groups.
An independent skills-based Board is responsible to the SWCC Association and is the primary decision-making committee of a governance framework modelled on current best practice. SWCC is seeking applications from individuals who meet the following requirements, for the election of a new Member to the Board at the AGM in December 2020.
- Ability to identify and critically assess strategic opportunities
- Experience developing new revenue streams (through the acquisition of funding and the provision of governance)
- A desire to innovate and develop a forward-thinking Association
- Comfortable in a position of authority but able to share power with others at Board level
- An established high-level professional network and advocacy skills
- Knowledge of natural resource management issues/trends/cutting-edge solutions
- Experience engaging Association Members in a shared purpose
- Leading to deliver (demonstrating high accountability, planning and follow through)
- Governance skills and the ability to interpret financial reports
- Located in the South West of WA
This is a remunerated position with the expectation of attendance at the six annual Board meetings in Bunbury and attendance for Committee and/or other meetings as required.
SWCC actively encourages diversity on the board and throughout the organisation.
At the time of election as a SWCC Board Director, candidates must not hold office or membership of a SWCC Association Member organisation.
An application pack and instructions can be forwarded to you by contacting Jodie Rowell at [email protected]
Your application will consist of:
- CV outlining expertise and experience
- A candidate statement – not exceeding 500 words
The candidate statement must describe professional skills and personal qualities that would contribute to the Board and provide details of any actual, perceived or potential conflicts of interest.
Lodgement of Application – by 27th October, 2020 5:00pm (AWST)
All completed applications for nomination are to be forwarded to:
Jodie Rowell at [email protected]