Program Manager – Sustainable Agriculture and Ramsar
The South West Catchments Council (SWCC) is an environmentally focused social enterprise and an incorporated association representing community Landcare groups. It is recognised by federal government as the peak natural resource management (NRM) organisation of the South West NRM region, delivering sustainable solutions to environmental challenges across a diverse landscape from Bunbury to Walpole and extending inland to Katanning, Dumbleyung and Narrogin.
SWCC is equally engaged in sustainability of the natural environment and the agricultural industry. The organisation works collaboratively at a state and national level with a multitude of partners, including government, private enterprise, industry bodies, research institutes, NGOs, Aboriginal and other community groups.
The Program Manager will be required to:
- Identify, manage and report on projects including budgets and allocate resources appropriately to achieve the required program outcomes and timeframes.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to develop complex projects that may include research and on-ground components.
- Directly implement project requirements.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships at a local and regional level relevant to the program theme.
- Manage project officers including the development of work plans, undertaking performance reviews, managing OH&S requirements.
- Provide high-level advice and expertise and support to SWCC’s Sustainability and Environment Lead with regard to the management of relevant programs;
- Assist in the coordination of sub-regional catchment groups (sub-regions)
- Tertiary qualifications in agriculture, natural resource/environmental management or social science, and/or demonstrated extensive experience in the fields of sustainable agriculture or natural resource/environmental management, including working with rural farming communities.
- Advanced project management skills and demonstrated experience in implementing formal project management methodologies.
- High level of knowledge and demonstrated experience in working on NRM based projects related to sustainable agricultural practices.
- Demonstrated writing and report writing skills and experience in the reporting processes required by government funding contracts
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills including demonstrated ability in managing others and performing as part of an effective team.
- Be self-motivated, have well developed time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience in the management of consultants and contractors
- People management abilities and experience, including the ability to supervise and/or mentor a multi-disciplinary workforce and contribute to the professional development of staff.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software or similar.
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s License or better.
- Australian Residency or eligibility to legally work in Australia.
- Previous experience working on NRM projects within the South West NRM Region or extensive related knowledge.
- Understanding of the related Australian Government National Landcare Program outcomes and targets and relevant State Government initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in developing, conducting and managing monitoring and evaluation for project(s).
- Experience in the operation and data collection for Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
This role is based at the SWCC office (1 Verschuer Place, Bunbury WA 6230.) Flexible and working from home arrangements can be negotiated. This role may include some travel within the region.
The role is a fulltime position contracted for 12 months until 30 June 2023 with option for contract extension for a further 4 years.
For enquiries or a position description please contact Jodie Rowell at [email protected]
Your application will consist of:
- CV outlining expertise and experience
- A candidate statement – not exceeding 500 words
All applications to [email protected]
Lodgement of Application – 15th May 2022 by 5:00pm (AWST)