SWCC attracts professional staff who are passionate about the environment and using an evidence-based approach to project planning and delivery.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all our employees, partners and contractors. We also offer competitive salaries, flexible working arrangements and a supportive team environment.
We are currently hiring a Chief Executive Officer.
Chief Executive Officer
- Dedicated team environment, Bunbury and South West
- Salary Packaging Options available
The South West Catchments Council (SWCC) has been the peak Regional Natural Resource Management (NRM) organisation for the South West since 2001.
We work in partnership with Government, Industry and the community to ensure that our iconic landscapes, waterways, coastline and agricultural lands are protected for current and future generations.
About the job
You will provide strong innovative leadership internally to the organisation and its people including setting direction, modelling appropriate behaviours, supporting and enabling staff, positioning the organisation to achieve its goals and building the business.
You will present the capabilities and expertise of SWCC in a convincing way to clients, partners and supporters, including well scripted and graphic presentations putting SWCC forward as a credible and experienced organisation with an excellent track record and worthy of support.
You will be influencing decision makers, funding bodies and partners on NRM policy and strategy directly and by collaboration with other NRM and like-minded organisations.
Your management experience will lead SWCC to be an independent, regional community focused organisation which has robust systems to guide organisational culture and the delivery of outcomes across the region.
To be considered for this role it is required you meet the Selection Criteria below:
- Suitably qualified and experienced in managing and developing similar businesses under the direction of a Board of Management
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic, business and financial planning and management to achieve targeted outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to obtain and manage human, financial, physical, technological and information resources to ensure the provision of high quality services
- The ability to think laterally and deliver innovative solutions
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build and maintain relationships and partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills
- Postgraduate qualifications in Business Management
- Experience working in or leading a not-for-profit organisation
- Success in delivering funding growth in a not-for-profit organisation
- Knowledge of contemporary NRM issues
- Interest or experience in sustainable agriculture and natural environment management practices
- Completion of Company Directors training
This rewarding senior position is based in Bunbury and offers a competitive salary package including salary sacrifice. This is a full time position and you will be required to undertake travel through WA and within Australia.
Initially, a performance based fixed term two year contract, with an option for extension, subject to funding.
To obtain a job description or to discuss SWCC’s expectations of the position, please email [email protected]
If you like a challenge and are looking for a rewarding role where you can make a difference, please forward your application which must address the Job Description selection criteria and resume with references, to Jodie Rowell at [email protected]
Applications for this position close strictly on the 30th September 2019