On 25 January, SWCC’s CSR & Communications Manager, Nicki Ledger, attended South West Timber Hub‘s launch of a new decision support tool for landholders considering establishing plantations on their land. The Decision Tree tool, available here, has been designed to rapidly assess the suitability of farms for plantation forestry,...
Archive for category: Carbon
By Peter Clifton, Regional Agriculture Landcare Facilitator. This article was originally published in Countryman, 15 July 2021. It’s fair to say that many farmers in South West WA are struggling to keep up with the rate of movement in the carbon farming sector and how best to engage with...
Main points: Carbon projects should be able to integrate with the farm business and provide benefits other than carbon credits. Risks can be shared with carbon service providers. Credits can be monetised or used to offset farm emissions and help achieve carbon neutrality. An event will be held in...
A tailored approach to regenerative farming 5 July, 2022
Regenerative agriculture is in Mitchell East’s b...
National Environmental Conference Heads to Margaret River 10 June, 2022
This spring, a national conference dedicated to na...
The cycle of soil organic carbon 26 May, 2022
Explaining how to build soil carbon, while at the ...
- Aboriginal Consultation and Engagement: Guidelines for Environmental Management Practitioners in the South West
- Community Engagement and Communications Strategy: January 2016 to January 2018
- Biodiversity Refugia and Linkages 2015 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- A river flows through it
- Carbon Farming Awareness 2012 - 2016 Fact Sheet
- Feral Pig Control 2012 - 2016 Fact Sheet
- Regional Landcare Facilitator 2015 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- Ruabon-Tutunup Corridor 2011 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- 2016 South West Celebration Evaluation Report
- 2015 South West Celebration Evaluation Report