A five-year vision of creating a ‘one-stop-shop’ for environmental information on the South West region has come to fruition for the South West Catchments Council (SWCC). Launched on Friday with help from project partners, the South West Environmental Snapshot is an online resource that provides a contemporary overview of...
Archive for category: Coastline
With urban population on the incline in the South West, Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) is becoming increasingly important to reduce the quantity of nutrients and pollutants entering waterways. Stormwater can transport environmentally harmful substances into waterways, such as rubbish, sediment, hydrocarbons and excess nutrients. This can impact on...
Busselton City Council adopted a draft Environmental Management Plan (EMP) for Peron Reserves in Dunsborough. Prepared by the Dunsborough Coast and Landcare Group, the plan which aims to protect and enhance the environmental values of Peron Reserve whilst providing passive recreation and drainage functions is now open for community consultation....
In recognition of her dedication and commitment to protecting our South West coastline, Yallingup local, Jen Mitchell, has been awarded the 2016 John Oldham Conservation Employee Award. The Conservation Council of Western Australia awarded Jen for her efforts in supporting its citizen science micro-plastics initiative. As the South West...
Carbon+Biodiversity Pilot 4 March, 2021
On 5th March, the Australian Government announced ...
Testing the reliability of phosphorus recommendations: Preliminary results from the uPtake project 25 February, 2021
Preliminary results from two years of pasture tria...
Growing with Grazing Matcher 25 February, 2021
Rosa Glen sheep producer Kevin Silverthorne can’...
- Aboriginal Consultation and Engagement: Guidelines for Environmental Management Practitioners in the South West
- Community Engagement and Communications Strategy: January 2016 to January 2018
- Biodiversity Refugia and Linkages 2015 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- A river flows through it
- Carbon Farming Awareness 2012 - 2016 Fact Sheet
- Feral Pig Control 2012 - 2016 Fact Sheet
- Regional Landcare Facilitator 2015 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- Ruabon-Tutunup Corridor 2011 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- 2016 South West Celebration Evaluation Report
- 2015 South West Celebration Evaluation Report