The Save the Crabs Them eat Them urban fertiliser campaign gears up again! Regional television will again feature the Save the Crabs, Then eat Them winter campaign, which urges residents to hold off on the fertiliser till spring! The winter suite of advertisements feature local legend and actor, Myles...
Archive for category: Engagement
Intrepid Landcare came to Bunbury on 5 May to spark creativity in the way young people are engaged in environmental action. Environmental leaders from around the South West attended the free workshop, including representatives from the Green Army, Leschenault Catchment Council and Katanning Landcare. The Intrepid Landcare facilitators, Naomi...
Far from being in decline, environmental volunteering is on the increase, so says Jim Sullivan, Chair of NRM WA. While many of the more traditional landcare type groups are still attracting and retaining dedicated volunteers, there are different ways people express their support for the environment. A report analysing...
In recognition of her dedication and commitment to protecting our South West coastline, Yallingup local, Jen Mitchell, has been awarded the 2016 John Oldham Conservation Employee Award. The Conservation Council of Western Australia awarded Jen for her efforts in supporting its citizen science micro-plastics initiative. As the South West...
Monica Durcan is a name synonymous with Landcare. Having worked in the industry for over 30 years, she reflects on the catalyst that sparked her long and illustrious career. After moving to Bickley from Scotland in 1987 with her husband Eamon and sons Dwayne and Luke, she joined the...
Western ringtail possum conservation at the Dolphin Festival 30 November, 2020
South West Catchments Council participated in the ...
Indoor cat focus group in the Bunbury region 30 November, 2020
South West Catchments Council facilitated a focus ...
Data collection begins for avocado eDNA Project 30 November, 2020
Curtin University PhD student Joshua Kestel was ou...
- Aboriginal Consultation and Engagement: Guidelines for Environmental Management Practitioners in the South West
- Community Engagement and Communications Strategy: January 2016 to January 2018
- Biodiversity Refugia and Linkages 2015 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- A river flows through it
- Carbon Farming Awareness 2012 - 2016 Fact Sheet
- Feral Pig Control 2012 - 2016 Fact Sheet
- Regional Landcare Facilitator 2015 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- Ruabon-Tutunup Corridor 2011 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- 2016 South West Celebration Evaluation Report
- 2015 South West Celebration Evaluation Report