A pasture response trial near Busselton has shown the value of applying nitrogen to grass-dominant pastures in winter. The trial also demonstrated that nitrogen can be applied after rain, rather than before, to minimise the risk of leaching. The trial was run by local agronomist Graham Mussell and livestock...
Archive for category: Ramsar
World Wetlands Day is celebrated every year on February 2nd, as this date marks the anniversary of the signing of the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands in Ramsar, Iran in 1971 – 50 years ago today. The Convention aims to halt the worldwide loss of wetlands and conserve those that...
Nothing frustrates beef and sheep producers like a late break-of-season. After months of supplementary feeding, the rain comes when temperatures are cold, slowing the break-down of organic soil nitrogen and pasture growth, and creating less than ideal conditions for grazing. In this situation nitrogen fertilisers are often used to...
There was a buzz of a different kind at Narrogin Primary School recently as 24 students enjoyed an innovative drone flying incursion by SWCC. During a 10-minute flight orientation session, the students took the controls of seven mini Mambo drones weighing 63 grams each and flew these within large...
Payments to South West Farmers to Improve Native Remnant Vegetation 1 September, 2021
On 31st August, the Australian Government announce...
International drivers of carbon neutrality and how producers can respond 27 August, 2021
Since the Paris Agreement in 2015 to limit global ...
A climate of opportunity in Ag 27 August, 2021
When the rules change in Australian Football, the ...
- Aboriginal Consultation and Engagement: Guidelines for Environmental Management Practitioners in the South West
- Community Engagement and Communications Strategy: January 2016 to January 2018
- Biodiversity Refugia and Linkages 2015 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- A river flows through it
- Carbon Farming Awareness 2012 - 2016 Fact Sheet
- Feral Pig Control 2012 - 2016 Fact Sheet
- Regional Landcare Facilitator 2015 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- Ruabon-Tutunup Corridor 2011 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- 2016 South West Celebration Evaluation Report
- 2015 South West Celebration Evaluation Report