- This event has passed.
Cost Effective Nutrition for Optimal Plant Health with LBLC
18 February, 2021 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
When it comes to plant health, the spectrum of different advice going around these days, on how to address nutrition, can be somewhat overwhelming.
Presented by local agro-ecologist Mark Tupman from Productive Ecology, this workshop will explore the pros and cons of the various diagnostic tools available and the measures we can implement in the development of a sound economical program that ensures robust growth and high quality production in any agricultural or horticultural enterprise.
By the end of the workshop participants will have gained a deeper understanding of:
- What elements are needed for important plant functions and stages of growth.
- How the soil environment and biology are a major factor that determine whether or not those elements are available to plants and in a form that they can efficiently utilise.
- How to test what elements are already present in the soil and the levels that are getting into the plants.
- How to address soil function and biology to improve plant availability.
- What to do about deficient elements
- Recipes for cost effective biological and nutritional inputs