- This event has passed.
Embedding Sustainability and Enabling Behaviour Change
8 November, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
WALGA will be hosting a full-day event on Embedding Sustainability and Enabling Behaviour Change on Thursday, 8 November at the Perth Zoo.
The event will focus on mechanisms that can be used to embed sustainability within and across Local Government. This will be complemented with information on the underlying psychological principles of behaviour change, and how these can be used to drive individual action and sustained change.
Expert speakers include representatives from Local Government, Perth Zoo, Universities, behaviour change consultants, community organisations and WALGA.
The program will cover:
- behaviour change and communication principles to enable sustained change
- application of key sustainability frameworks in Local Government, such as One Planet Living and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- the integration of sustainability across business operations at Perth Zoo and experience based learning to drive conservation action
- real-time data monitoring platforms to benchmark and monitor energy and water use, and prioritise actions to maximisue utility and cost savings
- sustainable procurement practices in Local Government; and
- environmental behaviour change programs to empower local communities to take meaningful and sustained action.
Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
Please indicate your interest by emailing the WALGA Environment team. Please note the final program for the event and invitations for formal registration will be sent in mid October.
If you would like to present on your organisation’s projects, or would like to hear about a particular topic in addition to the above, please let us know by emailing the WALGA Environment team or calling (08) 9213 2065.