- This event has passed.
Lower Blackwood LCDC – Plan your Farm Landscape Part 1
18 August, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 19 August, 2021 @ 4:00 pm
LEARN HOW RURAL LANDSCAPES WORK. DEVELOP A WHOLE FARM PLAN THAT USES LANDSCAPE ECOLOGY TO ACHIEVE A HEALTHY RURAL LANDSCAPE AS WELL AS PRODUCTIVE AND EFFICIENT FARM ENTERPRISES.
Want to build your skills in managing your farm landscape – for productivity, profit and the environment? Looking at developing a whole farm plan or revising your current one?
Presented by David Hardwick from Soil Land Food, this innovative 4 day course will show you how to design and plan a healthy, resilient and productive rural landscape for your farm business in the 21st century. At the end of this course you will have the confidence to identify issues, make decisions and take action to start improving landscape health and enterprise productivity on your property. It all starts with good planning! You will develop a well thought out & whole of farm plan for your place. The course is hands on, group based and combines theory with lots of practical activities.
You will learn:
- how to “see” your landscape using landscape thinking
- about Landscape Patches: the pieces of your farm’s landscape jigsaw
- the water and nutrient cycles in rural landscapes
- how energy flows and biodiversity functions in rural landscapes
- climate, landforms & soil types on your property
- about the landscape and agricultural elements of rural planning
- the different approaches to property planning
- the 10 steps to effective property planning
You will also
- use maps for property planning
- set goals for your farm’s rural landscape & enterprises
- assess your farm’s rural landscape
- identify & prioritise issues
- brainstorm strategies for improvement
- develop a Farm Plan for a sustainable future
Will this course benefit me?The course is for anyone looking to develop a holistic Whole Farm Plan, refresh their existing plan, improve their farm’s biodiversity and landscape health, implement ecologically based farm innovations or improve farm business productivity. This course is suitable for both experienced and new farmers.
For more information and to register, click here.