South West Catchments Council has consulted extensively with its wide network of stakeholders to update the South West Region Natural Resource Management Strategy for 2021-2030.
This update reflects evolving practices in natural resource management (NRM) planning, along with changes to environment pressures and opportunities within the region.
Whilst the development of the Strategy is coordinated by SWCC, it is owned and delivered by the wider community of the region. It sets out a clear, straightforward framework for all parties working within the sector to:
- Align our actions for the shared benefit of our region
- Focus on priorities that have the most significant impact on the threats facing our region
- Understand how to apply the regional priorities to assets in sub-regional and local areas
- Work closely with Noongar people to apply traditional ecological knowledge
- Increase our success in securing funding for key initiatives
- Collaborate to build regional capacity.
Download the full report: South West Region Natural Resource Management Strategy 2021-2030
Carbon Farming Projects – Consistency with NRM Plan
If you are applying for a carbon farming project in the South West through the Australian Government’s Emissions Reduction Fund and need to know whether your project is consistent with our NRM Plan, please contact us for an assessment.