We continue to build the capacity of Noongar people to be actively involved in Natural Resource Management (NRM). Nerilee Boshammer2015 -2018Aboriginal Employment Organisations Two trainees employed 12 cross-cultural events 276 people engaged
Tag Archive for: Cultural Connections
We encourage working with local Aboriginal people on any NRM project, as part of collaboration and knowledge sharing. Nerilee BoshammerOngoingAboriginal organisations and communities; Department of Aboriginal Affairs; SWALSCAboriginal Consultation and Engagement Guidelines for NRM
The critically endangered Western Ringtail Possum and Aboriginal cultural heritage were the topics of conversation at Bunbury TAFE’s Cultural and Market Day last week. Dozens of students, teachers and community members spoke to SWCC’s Threatened Species Project Manager Jaya Vaughan about how common the species is in urban areas...
Exploring the connection between Aboriginal culture and pollination is the focus of a SWCC workshop on Wednesday 5 June at Barrabup Pool near Nannup. Wadandi/Pibulmun cultural custodian Iszaac Webb of the Undalup Association will share his traditional ecological knowledge and understanding of the location with participants. SWCC project manager...
Green Jobs a Winner for Local Wildlife! 13 April, 2021
A new project aiming to employ and train local peo...
Double benefits for South West farmers planting native trees 12 April, 2021
The Australian Government’s much-anticipated Car...
Managing non-wetting soils in South West WA 19 March, 2021
With an estimated ten million hectares of s...
- Aboriginal Consultation and Engagement: Guidelines for Environmental Management Practitioners in the South West
- Community Engagement and Communications Strategy: January 2016 to January 2018
- Biodiversity Refugia and Linkages 2015 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- A river flows through it
- Carbon Farming Awareness 2012 - 2016 Fact Sheet
- Feral Pig Control 2012 - 2016 Fact Sheet
- Regional Landcare Facilitator 2015 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- Ruabon-Tutunup Corridor 2011 - 2018 Fact Sheet
- 2016 South West Celebration Evaluation Report
- 2015 South West Celebration Evaluation Report